Tony didn’t die! And therefore he’s back leading the podcast and causing problems. Simon is also back too, adding his own personal variety of class-in-a-glass. Back again – it’s almost like he just can’t stay away from us – is Shaun Davis the @AwkwardGeek
- Movies – “It Follows” gets a strong recommendation from Simon
- More Movies – “John Wick, Chapter 2” also get’s the big thumbs up from Shaun.
- Hidden Folks – Simon got this iPhone game which is a neat little ‘find the items’ puzzle game. He particularly likes the human-made sound effects.
- Master of Orion 2 – Simon felt the need to get involved in a cool old strategy game and GoodOldGames provided just the solution.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn – EVERYONE is looking forward to getting this one. Simon, Shaun and Producer John are all getting it on day 1, Tony will likely pick it up as soon as he’s finished…
- Sniper Elite 4 – AKA “International Testical Shooter”. Tony reckons this one is a significant graphical step up from episode 3 and rates it pretty highly. Producer John educates the team about sub-sonic rounds. Subsonic ammunition is ammunition designed to operate at speeds less than the speed of sound, which at standard conditions is 343.2 m/s (1,126 ft/s). This avoids the supersonic shockwave or “crack” of a supersonic bullet, which particularly for suppressed or silenced firearms influences the loudness of the shot
- Hitman – “Professional” difficulty makes every anew, according to Shaun. Outfits now have to match melee weapons, blood-stained outfits can’t be worn, and other stuff which makes things harder / more challenging. The super sniper-rifle-in-a-case still isn’t there, but you can get a rifle sans case in the Shanghai episode.
- Rocket League – Got a 4K update which has also upped the performance of the 1080 game too.
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands – Shaun and Tony played the closed beta of this one and give it a mixed response. Shaun isn’t sure, but Tony likes the game in stealth mode rather that a run-in-and-blast-everything shooter.